The Smith Tactics “BATTLE-BAR” is an extended bolt-catch/release, designed to allow the shooter to keep proper grip position while clearing malfunctions or after reloading.
This design is superior to others, for a few reasons:
- Keeps your finger out of the trigger guard unless actively shooting
- Can make reloads and breech clearing easier for left handed shooters
- Does not add any weight or strain to the existing bolt catch release, nor does it interfere with standard function of the rifle
- Weighs practically nothing, but machined and tested to be extremely durable
- Increased safety, keep the muzzle pointed down range while investigating failures or clearing breech
- Ability to reload or clear malfunctions without removing your eye from your optic or sights
Video of BATTLE-BAR Live Fire
- Mounting plate
- Mounting gasket
- Heavy duty, stainless steel anti-rotation trigger and hammer pins
- “Purple” Loc-Tite (Removable via light heat application)
- Fastening hardware for BATTLE-BAR
Video for Installation of the Smith Tactics BATTLE-BAR
Installation time takes roughly 10-15 minutes depending on user confidence and skill with their rifle. This product will only work on military spec AR-15 lower receivers and bolt catches. Custom lower receivers are NOT guaranteed to work. If you have any questions about installation, please contact us.